Comments for eco-scams.com http://www.eco-scams.com Jon Starbuck's blog exposing pseudo-green nonsense, promoting science and critical thinking. Wed, 14 Aug 2013 23:32:57 +0000 hourly 1 http://wordpress.org/?v=3.4.2 Comment on waterboost.co.uk sue me please! by Mountainman2020 http://www.eco-scams.com/archives/661#comment-148145 Mountainman2020 Wed, 14 Aug 2013 23:32:57 +0000 http://www.jonstarbuck.co.uk/archives/661#comment-148145 Your a fucking dick and i hate you, i have been researching hho for 6 months now it is 2013 and after reading your aticles whether these companies were scams or not your a fucking scam your result for this article is at the top of google for hho this is a load of bullshit if you knew basic science and mechanics you would know that this stuff works you dick if you were so scientific why doesn't this article say that the technology has official patents for this technology since 2008 you will not convince me that this stuff doesn't work. Your a fucking dick and i hate you, i have been researching hho for 6 months now it is 2013 and after reading your aticles whether these companies were scams or not your a fucking scam your result for this article is at the top of google for hho this is a load of bullshit if you knew basic science and mechanics you would know that this stuff works you dick if you were so scientific why doesn’t this article say that the technology has official patents for this technology since 2008 you will not convince me that this stuff doesn’t work.

]]>
Comment on Jubycell, de Verde Technologies… whatever you call it, John Hickman is still a con man! by Madge http://www.eco-scams.com/archives/709#comment-147143 Madge Sun, 11 Aug 2013 23:53:18 +0000 http://www.eco-scams.com/archives/709#comment-147143 John Hickman currently resides at number 45 Elm Road , Brixham. That is when he is not hiding at his girlfriends house in Exeter, he is currently driving a land rover with private number plates which he swaps with a Subaru now and then or hides if people come looking .... He also hides his motorbike at the briseham road address possibly in the hope that because it burned down last year it may not be found ?? The names he quotes as some of his team are actually his teenage sons who do not work at all... and the female name is his very on off girlfriend who he hides out with now and then . John Hickman currently resides at number 45 Elm Road , Brixham.
That is when he is not hiding at his girlfriends house in Exeter, he is currently driving a land rover with private number plates which he swaps with a Subaru now and then or hides if people come looking …. He also hides his motorbike at the briseham road address possibly in the hope that because it burned down last year it may not be found ?? The names he quotes as some of his team are actually his teenage sons who do not work at all… and the female name is his very on off girlfriend who he hides out with now and then .

]]>
Comment on The Hydrocharger, HHO scammers in the UK by Jon http://www.eco-scams.com/archives/658#comment-146609 Jon Sat, 10 Aug 2013 10:04:02 +0000 http://www.jonstarbuck.co.uk/archives/658#comment-146609 AWP, Over the years I have come to realise that many people with readily believe anything that fits with their idology and are not very interested in evidence; if you are genuinely interested in why HHO cannot work then let me explain where you are mistaken in your argument. When you say that "gasoline engine itself is only 30% efficient" you are assuming that the other 70% is wasted unburned fuel, this is completely wrong. Close to 100% of the fuel is burned in the engine, the other 70% is energy wasted as heat, engine noise, transmission losses, road noise... and so on. You cannot " improve the efficiency of the burn" by adding hydrogen since the burn is already very efficient. Something like 99% of the fuel is burned and the remaining 1% (actually less than 1%) is burned in the exhaust system by the catalytic converter. Hydrogen is not free energy, it takes energy from the engine to make the hydrogen which is then burned in the engine; this is less efficient that just leaving the hydrogen bit out of the equation. There is no evidence that I have ever seen than Stanley Meyer even achieved anything other than self-deception and fraud. You don't need loads of money to demonstrate if HHO works or not, you just need to be rigorous in your methodology. This is something that HHO people don't like to do because they always fail to achieve a positive result when bias is removed and errors controlled for. Like I say, many people have a very low bar when it comes to quality evidence and what they will believe. Jon. AWP,
Over the years I have come to realise that many people with readily believe anything that fits with their idology and are not very interested in evidence; if you are genuinely interested in why HHO cannot work then let me explain where you are mistaken in your argument.
When you say that “gasoline engine itself is only 30% efficient” you are assuming that the other 70% is wasted unburned fuel, this is completely wrong. Close to 100% of the fuel is burned in the engine, the other 70% is energy wasted as heat, engine noise, transmission losses, road noise… and so on. You cannot ” improve the efficiency of the burn” by adding hydrogen since the burn is already very efficient. Something like 99% of the fuel is burned and the remaining 1% (actually less than 1%) is burned in the exhaust system by the catalytic converter. Hydrogen is not free energy, it takes energy from the engine to make the hydrogen which is then burned in the engine; this is less efficient that just leaving the hydrogen bit out of the equation.
There is no evidence that I have ever seen than Stanley Meyer even achieved anything other than self-deception and fraud.
You don’t need loads of money to demonstrate if HHO works or not, you just need to be rigorous in your methodology. This is something that HHO people don’t like to do because they always fail to achieve a positive result when bias is removed and errors controlled for.
Like I say, many people have a very low bar when it comes to quality evidence and what they will believe.
Jon.

]]>
Comment on The Hydrocharger, HHO scammers in the UK by AWP http://www.eco-scams.com/archives/658#comment-146129 AWP Thu, 08 Aug 2013 16:43:42 +0000 http://www.jonstarbuck.co.uk/archives/658#comment-146129 Ok I'll put it another way as you are so unforgiving. I think you concentrate on the inefficiency of the HHO system too much when a gasoline engine itself is only 30% efficient. Any attempt to improve the efficiency of the burn in the cylinder using hydrogen is worth it if you consider that the fuel source is free. I'm enjoying a saving on my own vehicle, ok it's not huge but I continue to improve on my design and learn from others. It will only be a matter of time. I absolutely agree with you when you say that someone should stand up and put the evidence out there, if you look hard though there are some open source forums who have the information but no budget to repeat what Stanley Meyer and his brother achieved. Ok I’ll put it another way as you are so unforgiving. I think you concentrate on the inefficiency of the HHO system too much when a gasoline engine itself is only 30% efficient. Any attempt to improve the efficiency of the burn in the cylinder using hydrogen is worth it if you consider that the fuel source is free. I’m enjoying a saving on my own vehicle, ok it’s not huge but I continue to improve on my design and learn from others. It will only be a matter of time. I absolutely agree with you when you say that someone should stand up and put the evidence out there, if you look hard though there are some open source forums who have the information but no budget to repeat what Stanley Meyer and his brother achieved.

]]>
Comment on The Hydrocharger, HHO scammers in the UK by Jon http://www.eco-scams.com/archives/658#comment-145936 Jon Thu, 08 Aug 2013 06:47:19 +0000 http://www.jonstarbuck.co.uk/archives/658#comment-145936 Dear AWP, You claim to have a degree in chemistry and yet you think that the laws of thermodynamics only apply to 100% efficient systems? That is REALLY stupid; I have no idea where to start in pointing out how wrong that is. At least you do have a better grasp of maths than most HHO believers, a 25% increase on 30% is indeed 37.5%. The "facts" that I require are nothing that any trained scientist would not understand; repeatable, blinded, controlled... no one has supplied these because they cannot, HHO is silly and cannot work. Jon. Dear AWP,
You claim to have a degree in chemistry and yet you think that the laws of thermodynamics only apply to 100% efficient systems? That is REALLY stupid; I have no idea where to start in pointing out how wrong that is. At least you do have a better grasp of maths than most HHO believers, a 25% increase on 30% is indeed 37.5%.
The “facts” that I require are nothing that any trained scientist would not understand; repeatable, blinded, controlled… no one has supplied these because they cannot, HHO is silly and cannot work.
Jon.

]]>
Comment on The Hydrocharger, HHO scammers in the UK by AWP http://www.eco-scams.com/archives/658#comment-145407 AWP Tue, 06 Aug 2013 21:18:02 +0000 http://www.jonstarbuck.co.uk/archives/658#comment-145407 Jon, you asked for the facts and I do believe Max has given it. I do think you have overlooked one thing though, gasoline is 30% efficient in producing energy in a car therefore we only need to recoup the other 70%. That's where the increase in Mileage comes from, you are assuming that gasoline is 100% efficient otherwise you wouldn't be quoting laws of thermodynmaics. Yes I am a degree Chemist and yes I do run a HHO device in my car with a 25% increase in efficiency. That means my gasoline is running at 37.5% efficiency compared to the aforementioned 30%. still highly inefficient and miles away from the 2nd law of thermodynamics but saves me £150 a month. Jon, you asked for the facts and I do believe Max has given it. I do think you have overlooked one thing though, gasoline is 30% efficient in producing energy in a car therefore we only need to recoup the other 70%. That’s where the increase in Mileage comes from, you are assuming that gasoline is 100% efficient otherwise you wouldn’t be quoting laws of thermodynmaics. Yes I am a degree Chemist and yes I do run a HHO device in my car with a 25% increase in efficiency. That means my gasoline is running at 37.5% efficiency compared to the aforementioned 30%. still highly inefficient and miles away from the 2nd law of thermodynamics but saves me £150 a month.

]]>
Comment on Magnatech Fuel Conditioning cannot work. by Jon http://www.eco-scams.com/archives/734#comment-142614 Jon Thu, 25 Jul 2013 20:30:45 +0000 http://www.eco-scams.com/archives/734#comment-142614 Warwick, There is no way known to science that it can work. Furthermore I am unaware of any decent science that shows it does work. Therefore I conclude that, in all probability it does not work. People have different standards for what they consider to be proof or evidence; homeopaths will tell you that homeopathy works but science will tell you otherwise. Magnatech Fuel Conditioning is just like homeopathy in that people with an interest in it working will tell you that it works while those of us who are interested in reality and have no interest in it working / not-working will tell you that there is no way that it can work and no evidence to suggest that it does. Jon. Warwick,
There is no way known to science that it can work. Furthermore I am unaware of any decent science that shows it does work. Therefore I conclude that, in all probability it does not work.
People have different standards for what they consider to be proof or evidence; homeopaths will tell you that homeopathy works but science will tell you otherwise. Magnatech Fuel Conditioning is just like homeopathy in that people with an interest in it working will tell you that it works while those of us who are interested in reality and have no interest in it working / not-working will tell you that there is no way that it can work and no evidence to suggest that it does.
Jon.

]]>
Comment on Magnatech Fuel Conditioning cannot work. by warwick smith http://www.eco-scams.com/archives/734#comment-142521 warwick smith Thu, 25 Jul 2013 09:24:26 +0000 http://www.eco-scams.com/archives/734#comment-142521 Gents Interesting and I would like to know more ... as an engineer I am a natural sceptic So HOW DOES IT WORK This is the question I will be asked and I don't want to say .. It Just Does so , I want to believe , but need to be convinced WS Gents

Interesting and I would like to know more … as an engineer I am a natural sceptic

So HOW DOES IT WORK
This is the question I will be asked and I don’t want to say ..

It Just Does

so , I want to believe , but need to be convinced
WS

]]>
Comment on More MPG Now – HHO nonsense in London by Jon http://www.eco-scams.com/archives/710#comment-136447 Jon Thu, 27 Jun 2013 20:07:47 +0000 http://www.eco-scams.com/?p=710#comment-136447 Hi Mark, I'd be very interested to see any test results that you may have; but be warned that they have to be independent, and have all biases and sources of error properly accounted for. You see, this product is so unlikely to work that it really does require extraordinary proof. You are as prone to error and bias as anyone else, your word and your honest belief are no match for real data. HHO is to motoring what homeopathy is to medicine, lots of people believe that it works but when subjected to rigorous testing no one can show that it does, Jon. Hi Mark,
I’d be very interested to see any test results that you may have; but be warned that they have to be independent, and have all biases and sources of error properly accounted for. You see, this product is so unlikely to work that it really does require extraordinary proof. You are as prone to error and bias as anyone else, your word and your honest belief are no match for real data. HHO is to motoring what homeopathy is to medicine, lots of people believe that it works but when subjected to rigorous testing no one can show that it does,
Jon.

]]>
Comment on John Hickman attempts to parody me by Mark Richards http://www.eco-scams.com/archives/776#comment-136414 Mark Richards Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:37:13 +0000 http://www.eco-scams.com/?p=776#comment-136414 Well said Kei, All i know is i have HHO systems on my vehicle and it works i know this as i took my car for a MOT and it failed badly on emissions that was the reason i bought the kit so we fitted it and guess what it passed with flying colors. I don't know the science behind the system but i do know that it works and im more than happy to prove this to anybody. I think after reading comments from this page one of two things are happening here, One Jon works for or has a financial interest in a fuel company or something like that or we just have to face the facts that the systems only work on certain vehicles. Either way they work on mine! Well said Kei, All i know is i have HHO systems on my vehicle and it works i know this as i took my car for a MOT and it failed badly on emissions that was the reason i bought the kit so we fitted it and guess what it passed with flying colors.
I don’t know the science behind the system but i do know that it works and im more than happy to prove this to anybody.
I think after reading comments from this page one of two things are happening here, One Jon works for or has a financial interest in a fuel company or something like that or we just have to face the facts that the systems only work on certain vehicles.

Either way they work on mine!

]]>